Centro Hípico de Alcaria, Lda
Centro Hípico de Alcaria is situated in the magnificent Serras de Aires e Candeeiros Natural Park, with its spectacular rocky scenery dating back to the Jurassic period, moulded over thousands of years by the erosion of water, dotted with hundreds of astoundingly beautiful caves. This Natural Park has a very rich fauna and flora, with rare and even unique species and is therefore a source of immediate attraction where the pleasure of being in contact with nature and the hospitality of the local people provide visitors with the much needed harmony and peace that are so difficult to find nowadays. In the heart of it is Alcaria, a traditional mountain village, with its century-old rows of houses, the natural meeting point of all those who visit this Park. In order to enjoy this wonderful contact with the highlands in unique moments of close contact, the Alcaria Riding Centre provides a wide variety of equestrian activities in a unique melting pot of nature, sport and leisure.
- Equestrian center, animation company
- Brochures, leaflets, multimedia, publications
- There are translations available
- English, spanish, french
Acessibility for motion handicapped people
- Level of accessibility
- Full Accesssibility
- Access Conditions
- There is wheelchair access to the riding stables, training, office, house and stables tack room and WC. There is wheelchair access to the Bar or to the bench of the ring. Although toilets, are not specifically adapted for disabled wheelchair users.
How to get
- From Lisbon
- A8 / IC9 / N1 - Exit Porto de Mós. for those coming from Leiria, Rio Maior ou Alcobaça, exit Porto de Mós , and follow the national road N243 (connecting Porto de Mós at Mira de Aire and Minde). A 5 km de Porto de Mós, is the aldeia of Alcaria. Enter Alcaria and follow the signs to the equestrian center .
- From Oporto
- A1 / Exit Fátima. For those coming from Fátima, direction São Mamede, then Barrenta and finally Alcaria. Enter Alcaria and follow the signs to the equestrian center .
- From Faro
- A1 / Exit Torres Novas. For those coming from Torres Novas or Alcanena move toward Minde and Mira de Aire, before reaching Porto de Mós, you will find Alcaria. Enter Alcaria and follow the signs to the equestrian
Available Parking Lot
- 50 light vehicles / 5 Buses
Available equestrian services
- Horse riding, riding lessons, hippotherapy, livery, carriage rides, rehabilitation of horses, sale of horses, thinning of horses
- Prior appointment is required
- Between 4 and 16 pax
Conducting itineraries with more than 1 day
- Between 4 and 8 pax
Equestrian disciplines available
- Obstacles, dressage, cee, adapted riding, trec
- Covered arena
- Discovered arena
Boxes and Bays
Number of Horses
- Shop for equestrian articles