Interpretation Centre of the Megalithic Ruins of Alcalar
- The megalithic tombs of Alcalar are ancient funerary temples that were built and used by various generations throughout several centuries, in the 3rd millennium before the beginning of the Christian era. The whole comprises a necropolis whose ruins stretch across an area of about 20 hectares. The centre recovers that relationship with the earth, a building which rises from the earth to provide entry, the roof being a continuation of the landscape and the pastures surrounding it.
- José Daniel Santa-Rita / João Santa-Rita
- + 351 282 471 410
- Totally accessible to people with reduced mobility
- 1st September to 30th June: 10h00 - 13h00 | 14h00 - 16h30 Last entry: 16h15 1st July to 31st August: 10h00 - 13h00 | 14h00 - 18h00 Last entry: 17h45
- 37ª 11.868' N , 8ª 35.346' W
photography: João Santa-Rita